Are you ready to succeed at weight-loss for good?

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Will a Sweat Belt help me Lose Weight?

Indulge me in a little side note here. I neglected to mention in my 'premier post' that I am new to this blogging activity. So if I get a little sidetracked or come off a little 'old school-ish'...just...cut me a little slack.



Anyway, I get this question about three or four times a month about the neoprene sweat belts. (Sometimes I elicit the question because I took the liberty to feel her up 'cause I see something strange through the t-shirt.) Do they help you lose weight? Will the belt (or plastic wrap for those on a budget) make the waist smaller? Will it make you sweat??



Ahh, what a person will plunk their money down for in the quest for quick and easy weight loss. Of course, no one admits out loud that they're looking for the method that's going to require the least time and effort.I kind of turn the tables and answer the 'potentially slimmer' person by asking a few questions of my own. Don't you hate that when it's done to you? But, what I'm really doing, here, is exposing the weight loss misconception and directing the thought process by way of some information.



If the sweat belts and plastic wraps really and truly worked for weight reduction and trimming those hard to trim areas, wouldn't more people be wearing them most of the time? Yes, you can lose weight with these belts. Temporarily and not a lot. It will be water weight. And, you'll gain it back once you consume more fluids. Most of us want to lose fat. Right?Yes, your waist may get smaller. Again, temporarily. The result is from compression, kind of like the effect of body wrapping to slip easily into that tight fitting special occasion dress. Think of Cinderella and the pumpkin, only YOU are the pumpkin at midnight.



So, you see where I'm going with this? Adapting a continuous healthy lifestyle habit of sensible eating and exercise will improve your shape. More on that topic later...

No comments:

Post a Comment